Saturday, February 4, 2012

RomCom

"So you want to be in love like the movies.
But in the movies, they're not in love at all.
And with a twinkle in their eyes,
they're just saying their lines.
So you can't be in love like the movies."
-The Avett Brothers

I told my friend Lilli last night that I just wanted my life to be a RomCom. For those of you not hip enough to know what that is, its short for Romantic Comedy. Her response?

"No you don't. Romantic Comedies ruin people's relationships!"

Wait, what?

"They set up ridiculous standards that we hold our partners to and ignore the fact that sometimes we fart, and forget to call each other back."

Thanks Lilli.

Unfortunately I would still like Ryan Gosling to use witty modern pick up lines on me in a bar full of beautiful women, take me home and do the lift from Dirty Dancing with me. Just sayin'.

Prince charming, we have a job opening at 942 NW Delaware. Please send references.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home